CTC Symposium 2024
The CTC Symposium 2024 will take place on Wednesday April 17 2024 at the Eindhoven University of Technology. On this day, we will enjoy many contributions from our community, we will hold our general assembly and we will hand out the CTC Thesis Award. PhD and Postdocs have the opportunity to present their work, either as a poster or as a oral contribution.
|Keynote: Gerrit Groenenboom (Radboud University)
|Keynote: Pascal Vermeeren (Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam)
Revising the Rationale Behind C–H Bond Distances
|Lecture slot 1
|Lecture slot 2
|Lunch and posters
|Lecture slot 3
|Lecture slot 4
|Lecture slot 5
|Keynote: Toon Verstraelen (Ghent University)
Improving the Physics and Parametrization of ReaxFF: Lessons from the Past and Insights for the Future
|Keynote: Claudia Filippi (Twente University)
Recent developments in quantum Monte Carlo
Please register for the event using this link. The registration fee is €65,00 for CTC-members and €95,00 for non-members. It is possible to register for CTC membership prior to registration for the event. Registration deadline is March 15th 2024.
- PhD and PD can submit an abstract for an oral contribution via the event registration form. Please take note of the guidelines and the submission template.
- On March 29th, we will inform which abstracts have been selected for an oral contribution. If you are not selected for an oral contribution, you will be offered the option to disseminate your work as a poster contribution.
- Each lecture session is divided into 20-minute lecture slots, structured to optimize both presentation and interactive discussion. Speakers will have 15 minutes to deliver their content, ensuring concise and focused delivery of key points. Following the presentation, there will be a dedicated 5-minute period for questions from the audience. This allows for engaging discussions and the opportunity to delve deeper into the topic.
- Each keynote session is divided into 30-minute lecture slots. Speakers will have 20 minutes to deliver their content. Following the presentation, there will be a dedicated 10-minute period for questions from the audience.
- The room is equipped with a widescreen beamer (16 x 9). The preferred resolution for the presentation is 1920x1080px. The audiovisual set-up supports sound over HDMI.
- The poster boards surface will be 100 x 200 cm (portrait format). The recommended size of the poster is A0 format (portrait format, not landscape). The poster boards will be numbered by the organisation. The presentation number assigned to your poster should not be placed on your poster. You have to print your own poster and bring it with you to the conference.
Poster presenting authors are responsible for setting-up at the beginning of the day and taking down their poster at the end of the day. Pushpins will be provided by the organisation.
Posters which have not been removed before the due time shall be detached and dumped after the corresponding meeting. Unclaimed posters are not the responsibility of the organisers and will be disposed.
The event will be held at "The Zwarte Doos" which is located on the campus of Eindhoven University of Technology. This venue is in walking distance (10-15 minutes) of the train station Eindhoven Centraal.
If you have any questions about this event, please do not hesistate to contact Ivo Filot at email@example.com.